Following resignations, there are now three vacant positions on our Board of Directors. We are currently seeking expressions of interest from people to fill the Northern Region Member position and two General Member positions. Our aim is to fill these positions prior to the June board meeting.
At the Annual General Meeting in November, there will be a further opportunity to fill two diversity positions on our Board of Directors.
For all of these positions, you will need to become a financial member of the Queensland AIDS Council (if not already a member).
The Board is interested in people who will bring additional skills, experiences and contacts to that of the current Board members. In particular we encourage people to come forward who fulfil one or more of the following criteria:
- human resources;
- business development skills and contacts;
- marketing, public relations
- knowledge of and networks within any of the following communities: women, transgender, bisexual, culturally & linguistically diverse, young people, people living with HIV, and Aboriginal and Torres Islander people.
If you are interested please send a brief description of your skills, experience and interest in joining the Board to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 14 May 2018. A decision with respect to the three vacant positions will be made in time for you to attend the June Board meeting. If selected, induction training and support will be provided. A decision with respect to the two diversity positions will be made prior to the Annual General Meeting in November.
The responsibilities of the Board are to:
- make and/or amend from time-to-time, the Constitution and by-laws;
- review and approve strategies, goals, annual budgets, operational and financial plans;
- oversee and monitor organisational performance and the achievement of strategic goals and objectives.
- establish and determine the powers and functions of board committees;
- monitor financial performance, including approval of the annual financial report, and the liaison with external auditors by the finance, audit and risk committee;
- recruit, appoint and regularly assess the performance of the Executive Director;
- determine the desired culture for the organisation;
- enhance and protect the Association’s reputation;
- ensure risks are identified and appropriate control, monitoring, and reporting mechanisms are in place.
The Northern Region Member must ordinarily reside in the Northern Queensland area with the postcodes 4707, 4709, 4721, 4737-4828 and 4830-4891 inclusive.