The Strategic Plan is the key document of the QuAC Board defining the organisations vision, mission, values, priorities, strategies and accountabilities. It is the Eexecutive Director’s responsibility to ensure that QuAC activities comply with and operate within the boundaries of the Strategic Plan.
- The current Strategic Plan covers the period 2014 to 2017 and work has commenced on the development of the next five-year Strategic Plan from 2018 to 2021.
- The Strategic Plan will be developed through a process of consultation with community members, allies and stakeholders.
What will the Strategic Plan include?
It is envisaged that it will cover the following areas:
- Where we came from
- Who we are: our vision, values, our role and how we work
- What we’ve achieved
- Our Journey Going Forward – where we want to be in 5 years
- How will we know where we got to: measuring our successes.
QuAC exists as the representative of a diverse range of individuals and voices and thereby requiring consultation to be an intrinsic part of the development of its Strategic Plan. These voices will be heard and where possible reflected in the Plan. The consultation approach includes:
- Workshops and discussions with the Board and staff.
- In-depth one-on-one interviews to take place with a selection of 12 to 15 strategic stakeholders to be identified in consultation with the QuAC Board.
- State workshops will be held in key regional areas where there is adequate interest
- The October 4 Cairns workshop was well attended and the dates & locations of following workshops are as follows:
Brisbane – 22nd October 6-8PM at Riverside Receptions
50 Oxlade Drive, New Farm. Tea, Coffee, water provided.
Townsville – 24th October 11 – 2 at Rydges Southbank Townsville
23 Palmer Street, Townsville (Poolside Boardroom) Tea, Coffee, water provided.
Rockhampton – 29th October – 11 – 2 at Travelodge Hotel Rockhampton
86 Victoria Parade, Rockhampton (The Boardroom) Tea, Coffee, water provided.
Toowoomba – 31st October 11 – 2 at Toowoomba Central Plaza Apartments. Meeting Room 2 – Level 3
532 – 544 Ruthven Street, Toowoomba. Tea, Coffee, water provided.
Coolangatta – 2nd November 11 – 2 at Twin Towns Services Club
2 Wharf Street, Tweed Heads (The Border Room) Tea, Coffee, water provided.
Hervey Bay – 4th November 12 – 2pm. Meeting in the top part of Dayman Park Urangan, Hervey Bay at 12 noon. (Look for the Rainbow Flag to help identify the meeting place). BYO a chair. Water & cold drinks provided. Free parking. Bus access to top park . Disability accessible.
Sunshine Coast – 2nd December 12-3pm. The Uni Club of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs.