QuAC relies on the generosity of our supporters to deliver the critical services that our community needs. Every donation makes a difference, and if it’s over $2 it’s tax deductable! Win Win Right?
Now in existence for over 33 years, the Queensland AIDS Council continues to strive to expand its programs and services to the community.
Although some of our programs and services receive a small amount of government funding, we rely on the generosity of individuals and businesses for support. Without the assistance of community-minded individuals just like you, we would not be able to provide these to those in our community in need.
Our current programs and services are:
- Men4Men – HIV/STI prevention and education for gay men/men who have sex with other men. Campaigns include #ComePrEPd and #Ready4Sex.
- PrEP Awareness – Raising awareness of PrEP availability across Queensland for people at risk of HIV transmission.
- Alcohol and Other Drugs – Recognising that alcohol and other drugs play a role within the lives of LGBTI people. (UNFUNDED)
- LGBTI Health Promotion – Working on broader issues that affect our communities e.g. mental health, stigma, discrimination. (UNFUNDED)
- LGBTI Inclusive Training – Our training program continues on a fee-for-service basis and has now opened up to cater to businesses along with the health and community sector.
- Clinic 30 – Free bulk billed service dedicated to the Mental & Sexual Health of the LGBTI Community in Brisbane. (PARTLY FUNDED)
- Testing Point – An after-hours HIV/STI testing clinic held every Tuesday night in Brisbane performed by volunteer doctors and nurses. (UNFUNDED)
- Hervey Bay Clinic – Clinic runs twice per month at the Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre. Provides HIV/STI testing for members of the LGBTI community in Hervey Bay region.
- LGBT Seniors Visiting Program – Providing social support and information on inclusive services to isolated LGBTI seniors.
- 2 Spirits – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander service providing sexual health and mental health education statewide for over 20 years. (UNFUNDED)
As well as all of the above we rely on donations in other ways too:
$1 creates a safe sex pack
$20 helps coordinate a visit to an LGBTI senior
$50 pays for six boxes of needles for hepatitis immunisation
$200 pays for six months of cryo treatment for HPV
$1,000 pays for an outreach visit to a remote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community
You can make a real difference to the LGBTI community in Queensland.
BEQUESTS AND CONFIDENTIAL REQUESTS:
For information on bequests and confidential requests please email [email protected]